Friday, January 24, 2014

Coconutter Protein Pancakes

Okay, so my coconutter no-bake protein cookies have been such a hit, that I really wanted to translate that coconutter love into a tasty stack o' pancakes. I attempted that today, and (if I do say so myself) the results were mighty delicious!


Recipe:
Coconutter Protein Pancakes (Serves 2)

Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes:
1/2 Cup Big Train Low Carb Pancake/Waffle Mix
1 Scoop About Time/SDC Nutrition in peanut butter flavor
1 Tablespoon unsweetened applesauce (substitution for the oil recommended on the box)
2 Egg whites (substitution for the whole egg recommended on the box)
1/2 Cup Water

Coconut Filling:
1/2 Cup vanilla Greek yogurt
2 Tablespoons light coconut milk
2 Tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
2 Packets Truvia/Stevia
1/2 Teaspoon coconut extract (not imitation!)

Whisk all of the ingredients together. Pour batter in 1/4 cup increments onto a very hot pan on the stove. As soon as the edges start to become cooked, flip the pancake on the other side to cook. At the same time, mix together the coconut filling ingredients in a bowl. Once thoroughly combined, spread a layer of the coconut filling between the peanut butter pancakes. Garnish with an additional dollop of the coconut filling, or sprinkle with some unsweetened shredded coconut on top.

Well guys, I hope you enjoy this recipe! I have a future tweak on it planned--- but I'll save that as a surprise for y'all. Stay tuned for another Food for Thought Friday segment today! This week I'll be discussing how to fuel yourself, nutritionally, through your workouts! See you then guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment