Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pumpkin Butter! (Crockpot Recipe!) 100% Clean!

Today's clean eats breakfast recipe is a tasty treat that feels oh-so-naughty for your tongue but is oh-so-nice for your body: pumpkin butter! I know, I know--- "Melissa, butter? healthy? poppycock!" Well guys, there's no actual butter in this recipe--- just deliciousness! And, in keeping with the recent crockpot-a-palooza theme, this recipe also utilizes a crockpot as well!


Sprinkled with a bit of cinnamon and stevia... tasty clean eats!
Recipe:
Pumpkin Butter (Crockpot Recipe! Makes 1 Batch)

1 16 Ounce can of pumpkin (the ONLY ingredient should be pumpkin!)
1/2 Cup apple juice (NO sugar added... the ONLY ingredient should be apples and/or apple juice!)
20 Packets of Truvia/Stevia
1 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 Teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 Teaspoon ground clove

In a crockpot, combine all of the ingredients. Cook the pumpkin butter on low for 8 hours, stirring occasionally to make sure the pumpkin butter doesn't burn. When it's done, it should be thick enough to cling to a spoon! Spread over your favorite clean variety of whole wheat bread (I use Ezekiel's brand), Engligh muffins, bagels, or crackers. It's also great spread over pancakes or waffles. Delicious! Enjoy this one guys--- I know I do!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I bought some Sweet Potato Butter at the Whole Foods Market and I really like it. I wanted to get the recipe to make my own and here you posted it. I would like to use real Maple syrup..what would be the conversion of the 1/2 cup apple juice and 20 packets of Truvia to the Maple syrup you think?

    Thanks again for sharing.

    Regards,
    Randy
    www.savorthefood.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Randy! If you want to substitute maple syrup, I would alter the recipe as such:

      1 16 Ounce can of pumpkin
      1/2 Cup maple syrup
      1/4 Cup apple juice (unsweetened/no sugar added)
      1 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
      1/4 Teaspoon ground ginger
      1/4 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
      1/4 Teaspoon ground clove

      I hope that helps! You'll have to let me know how you like it!

      Delete